My photo
I have a great personality i believe. i am funny in my own way and very loyal to my friends. I am a natural sista 3C/4A hair and am challenging myself to have healthy hair and healthy skin. I am not a length crazy person but i am attempting to grow my hair off as long as i can then i am going to cut it off like Halle Berry. I love to cook so sometimes i will post recipes. My loves are clothes, skin, makeup, shoes, food, alcohal, hair, and my son. LOL! Stay Tuned!

Friday, March 19, 2010

Sugar Substitutes

Soo i am a straight stalker of other peoples blogs so of course i find so much information i want to keep it for myself so of course i am going to place it on my blog to reference back to. this comes from Chocolate Orchid.

Agave Nectar: Raw agave nectar has a mild, neutral taste. It is produced at temperatures below 118 degrees F to protect the natural enzymes, and is low on the glycemic index.



Coconut Sugar: Coconut Sugar is naturally low on the glycemic index, which has benefits for weight control and improving glucose and lipid levels in people with diabetes (type 1 and type 2).



Stevia: is a South American herb that has been used as a sweetener by the Guarani Indians of Paraguay for hundreds of years. The leaves of this small, green Stevia rebaudiana plant have a delicious and refreshing taste that can be 30 times sweeter than sugar. Unadulterated Stevia products may be safely used by both diabetics and hypoglycemics.



Organic Sucanat: the juice extraction processes are mechanical, and unlike typical sugar cane processing, no chemicals are added. Sucanat is non-refined cane sugar made by simply crushing freshly cut sugar cane, extracting the juice and heating it in a large vat. Once the juice is reduced to a rich, dark syrup, it is hand-paddled. Hand paddling cools and dries the syrup, creating the dry porous granules we call Sucanat. Nothing is added and nothing is taken out!



I am going to try this out and if it works i will never use sugar again. But can i use this for kool aid LMAO but i am serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Products

  • MAC Cosmetics
  • Eyes Lips Face cosmetics
  • NYX Cosmetics
  • Chagrin Valley Soap
  • Mane and Tail Shea Butter and Aloe Creme
  • Elasta QP Condtioning Shampoo